Clutter Forensics

Can you learn anything from someone's clutter? Sure you can. For example:
  • Look for the pile of bills I have taken out of envelopes and left on the dining table. If they're there, then it's not the weekend yet.
  • Count the pairs of shoes that have accumulated at the door. If the number is less than the number of days that have passed in the work week, I'm not home yet. Same with pairs of earrings.
  • If there's a jacket thrown over one of the kitchen chairs, it's cold outside. If not, it's cold inside.
  • If there's a printed pattern on the coffee table, I'm in the middle of a project.
  • If there's a glue gun in the kitchen, watch your step.
I'm trying to get better at tidying up after myself. I do share this space with someone else, after all. And I'm not six years old anymore, either.

But just think of all the information you'd be missing out on.

Comments

YarnKettle said…
I like your jacket comment the most. As someone that gets cold inside too, it is totally true. Honestly though I am a very cluttered person so maybe I need to do a sweep through the house and clean up for the other person that lives here too.