- Look for the pile of bills I have taken out of envelopes and left on the dining table. If they're there, then it's not the weekend yet.
- Count the pairs of shoes that have accumulated at the door. If the number is less than the number of days that have passed in the work week, I'm not home yet. Same with pairs of earrings.
- If there's a jacket thrown over one of the kitchen chairs, it's cold outside. If not, it's cold inside.
- If there's a printed pattern on the coffee table, I'm in the middle of a project.
- If there's a glue gun in the kitchen, watch your step.
But just think of all the information you'd be missing out on.