You can't wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club. - Jack LondonSooo... what to talk about today.... *cricket, cricket... tick, tock...*
I'm afraid I didn't really have much to inspire me today, and yet I feel the need to address that situation.
Or, maybe I just like to hear myself think. One of the two.
Instead of forcing out some great profundity to share, I thought I'd just share a list of things that have been making me think, catching my eyes, making me tilt my head like a puppy:
- Items that are dark and deep in colour. The trendy term for it is "jewel toned."
- Watching an elderly person going for a walk, either with a cane or walking frame.
- Small kindnesses, like a smile or a "thank you."
- Someone telling me what the radio says about what this winter will be like. (How do they know?)
- Seeing a photograph so fascinating that my eyes reach for the edge of the magazine, screen, or picture frame, hoping that there will be more.
- Feeling how different fibres affect the skin of my hands, especially how working with acrylic is drying mine out.
- Understanding how single words can affect people.
- Hearing the creak of my bad knee when crouch or bend.
At least, for now.