Inspiration Mondays: So, I'm Supposed to Be Writing...

You can't wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club. - Jack London
Sooo... what to talk about today.... *cricket, cricket... tick, tock...*

I'm afraid I didn't really have much to inspire me today, and yet I feel the need to address that situation.

Or, maybe I just like to hear myself think. One of the two.

Instead of forcing out some great profundity to share, I thought I'd just share a list of things that have been making me think, catching my eyes, making me tilt my head like a puppy:
  • Items that are dark and deep in colour. The trendy term for it is "jewel toned."
  • Watching an elderly person going for a walk, either with a cane or walking frame.
  • Small kindnesses, like a smile or a "thank you."
  • Someone telling me what the radio says about what this winter will be like. (How do they know?)
  • Seeing a photograph so fascinating that my eyes reach for the edge of the magazine, screen, or picture frame, hoping that there will be more.
  • Feeling how different fibres affect the skin of my hands, especially how working with acrylic is drying mine out.
  • Understanding how single words can affect people.
  • Hearing the creak of my bad knee when crouch or bend.
I suppose that, had I taken the time tonight, I could have contemplated further on any one of these things and written something from that, but it's been a long day, and I feel grateful that I was even able to come up with that list. Perhaps it can serve as a store for future ramblings, who knows? For now, I feel satisfied that at least I looked for inspiration today, even if I went no further than looking.

At least, for now.

Comments

YarnKettle said…
That is a good list. I once had a long discussion with a friend and our husbands about jewel toned colors. The ladies agreed on the colors and the men did not. It was in reference to a quilt my friend had made. The men were obviously not influenced by media reports of color. :)
I still like your inspirations even when it is random thoughts. I don't get talking about the weather forecast either.
AdrieneJ said…
Yeah, sometimes I have interesting discussions with my husband about colour. Don't even get me started on what constitutes "red" in his vocabulary...