Inspiration Mondays: Betcha Never Thought of This One

This video put a huge smile on my face today. I actually laughed in sheer delight.










I loved it so much for these reasons:
  1. It's awesome.
  2. When I think of ukeleles, I usually think of Hawaiian guys in floral shirts and Mai Tais.
  3. It takes an idea and totally turns it on its head.
These days, I feel like so many people think they've seen it all, and they have all these pre-conceived ideas of things. "I know what that's going to be like, and I know it's going to be terrible." Where have all the open minds gone? Why all the assumptions, folks?

When you see me sitting on a park bench with my knitting needles, what do you assume? That I'm a dull, unmarried spinster with no life and nothing interesting to say?

If I'd let my assumptions about ukeleles and the people who play them get in the way tonight, then I would have never seen this.

What a shame that would have been.

Comments

Steph said…
Loved this, thanks for posting it! He looks so blissful, too.
AdrieneJ said…
I've watched it a few times this week when I needed cheering up. :)