Alpaca Injection

I'm struggling to find some enthusiasm for everything right now, especially my knitting. Perhaps it's the dark evenings. Perhaps it's the hectic days at work. Perhaps it's because I've had a project hanging around on the backburner for months now. I looked at this sight on my dining table today and sighed. Birthday. Christmas decorations. Then bills.

Maybe I need a change of scenery.

We have our yearly holiday to L.A. booked for January, but I need a little something to pep me up until then. Given that I live in Canada, I can't necessarily count on the sunshine to bring me around right now, so I need to find something to inject a bit of life into me. A glass of wine? A bit o' chocolate? Another nap?

How about a bit of alpaca and silk?

OH YEAH, that's the stuff.

This bag has been sitting in my stash since last summer, and it deserves a bit of love. I'm going to spin it with one of the Golding spindles my hubby got me for my birthday this year. I have 100g of it to play with, so if I spin it fine enough, I might get a decent 2-ply skein out of it.

And no, I have no idea what I'll knit with it. The sad thing is that I haven't knit a single thing out of my handspun yet. You'd think with all these dark, cold evenings, I would've knit up every single skein in my house. Nope, sadly not. I just don't seem to have the energy.

Ah well. Maybe this will give me a bit of spring in my step and a bit of tingle in my fingers. At the very least, it will create just the right about of yarn envy in my friends.

Hehe, yeah... that just put a big smile on my face.

Comments

Tara Candy said…
I'm already feeling the yarn envy! Alpaca/silk is good for the soul.
YarnKettle said…
Ooooo one of these days you're going to entice me to start spinning. It is getting closer I asked a friend if I could borrow her spindle to try it out.
Keep on inspiring even if it is just yourself that is listening. (We both know it is not just you listening.)