Inspiration Mondays: The Right to Be Wrong

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David M. Burns
How much energy have I wasted in denial that I was wrong when I could have just accepted it, learned and moved on? A heck of a lot. How much knitting could I have done in that time? A heck of a lot.

And I know I'm not alone in wasting time applying blame and excuses. I watch the news every day and see our politicians attacking each other about projects that didn't quite work out, and what are they achieving? I see it in my workplace, and even in the playground.

When we say that we should accept our mistakes, the same must be done for each other. We all make them. I do daily. And yet the world keeps on turning and my dog keeps on napping. All is right, even when we're wrong.

Right?




Comments