Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Inspiration Mondays on a Tuesday: Forward Movement

I feel as though I'm stuck in a feedback loop of the same thoughts over and over again. I thought I'd search out some photos that showed forward movement, just to remind myself that it is possible.

Running the 10k I ran a couple of weeks ago.


Practicing abandoning ship on a cruise ship.


The sign at Bubba Gumps.


One of my first days back in Canada after living in the UK for seven years, about to take my friend's dogs for a walk.


Wandering a street in Windermere-on-the-Lake, England.


Hopefully these memories will help me to remember that one foot in front of the other is really the only way to move forward.

Onward, ho.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but I love the abandon ship picture. If I ever go on a cruise I will have to take a similar shot.
    One foot in front of the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Windermere for two years, I'm pretty sure you mean Bowness-on-Windermere for that last (rather lovely) photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right. I had a hard time keeping track of where we were during that trip. We were driving through many twisty, bendy roads, and I was just so relieved we didn't crash!

      Delete
  3. Sounds about right for the Lake District, straight lines aren't something that happens there! It's such a beautiful part of the world, I was so lucky to have been able to live there. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

    ReplyDelete