Thursday, November 1, 2012

Odd Day, Cool Shirt, Weird Knit

I had a weird day at work today. We had a power outage that wrecked my productivity for most of the day. It was an awkward, somewhat frenetic afternoon. While I don't mind a change once in a while, it was more of an inconvenience than anything. I hate having get-up-and-go and having no way to get up and go.

Imagine my delight when I came home and discovered that this t-shirt from Threadless had arrived.



Come on, that's a cool shirt! And it brightened the dull, dreary, grey afternoon significantly.

In the meantime, I think I did a dumb thing. I started a new project without really thinking very hard about what I was doing with it. I wound up a skein of Kauni yarn I've had for a while, and decided to knit Norah Gaughan's Rhodocrosite. Since I actually have two skeins of this yarn, I blindly cast on twice as many stitches, thinking that I'd make it wider and longer than the original. The only thing is I really didn't think it out too well, and I think it's going to end up either being an awkward square shape if I use both skeins, or a weird rectangular shape that will be too short. I really should think these things through, but maybe I'll be lucky and it'll work out somehow.

Rascal doesn't seem to be too concerned about it, anyway. I should learn to relax about stuff like him.


That was Thursday. And now for the trudge to the weekend. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. That shirt is Sooooo cool! I bought sheepy slippers today. ;) I thought of you when I bought them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say how much I liked your slippers! So cute!

      Delete
  2. Yes that shirt is so cool!
    I'm sure your shawl will turn out fine.
    Lovely color by the way.

    ReplyDelete