- One of Rascal's haircuts.
- A batch of muffins, from mixing to removal from the oven.
- The bus ride from my parents' house to the university (at least, it used to, back in the Dark Ages when I went to school).
- The first rise of a loaf of bread.
- A good massage.
- Knitting a couple of inches on a sweater...
Except, no... that doesn't happen here. It seems to take way longer for that last one to happen.
I had a chance to sit down and work on this sweater last night. I worked a few rows, and thought to myself, I think I'm almost ready to start the lower border on this thing. I wonder if it's long enough yet? I usually need to knit a few extra inches on my sweaters because most patterns are too short for my torso, but I have yet to actually write down a measurement for myself for my own reference. Instead, I knit, then try on, then rip out, then knit some more... and somehow, I end up with a sweater.
I tried this one on and thought, Three more inches, then I'll knit the border. That should take me about an hour or so...
But no... that didn't happen. Instead:
- My Denise needles came apart for the ten billionth time and one of my cables fell apart.
- I tried putting the needles back together, but dropped some stitches on the cable.
- I tried putting the cable back together, but I got some of the stitches twisted up the wrong way.
- I spent the rest of the hour unravelling the cable down for five rows and working them back up, which took extra long because it was at the end of a row and it's always messier at the end of the row...
At the very least, I'm smart enough to know to quit while I'm ahead. I spent the rest of the evening winding another skein of yarn, enough to finish the sleeves, then I did some stretching and chatted with some friends online before I went to bed.
So, I'm stalled on this sweater right now, but I today I get to go over to Tara's house for a knitting afternoon. Perhaps tea and treats and good yarn gabbing will set me back on the right track again.
Did someone say treats?