Inspiration Mondays: Daylight


I took this photo as I sat on my couch this morning after my yoga practice as I ate my cereal and drank my coffee. My brain is full of stuff right now, and I'm feeling overwhelmed. My yoga practice is usually a time for me to clear my head, but the stuff just kept charging through my mind, even as I breathed through each movement and tried to let the thoughts drift past, like they usually do. It was discouraging, and I feel tense and rigid.

But... it's spring (even if the snow persists in returning again and again), and the mornings are brighter, and I can hear the birds chirping outside. Life moves forward, time moves on, and as they say, this too shall pass. It's hard to believe that sometimes, but I have to believe that days like this are temporary. Later on, I will enjoy knitting a few rows on the delicious alpaca sweater I am working on. After work, I will go out for a walk with the dog and the hubby, enjoy the fresh air, and after that, I will enjoy the company of friends at Zumba. And tomorrow, the sun will rise again, and I'll get another go at this life.
The sun will go on rising and setting, whether I fail in geometry or not. - Anne, from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

Comments