1) ...veg. I come home from work tired, so I've been parking myself on the couch until it's time to cook dinner and walk Rascal. Then I pack my stuff for the next day and get ready for bed. Bleh. Not very interesting.
2) ... shop. Here's a cute little butter dish I found in a vintage shop last weekend. It's been sitting on the dining table for me to admire each evening as I eat my dinner. It's not antique or anything, but I love it.
3) ... eat. I've been exploring the food scene around here, and I got a taste of my first oyster burger, grilled with lemon and herbs and served with lettuce, tomato and onions with a side of fries. Oh yeah, that'll be a repeat, for sure.
4) ... irritate my dog. While waiting for the hubby to come out of another store on a hot day, I ducked into a pet shop and decided to dress Rascal in as many outfits as I could find. Don't worry, he got a big T-R-E-A-T for it.
5) ... explore. We walked out to a new park today and took in the views on the shore. The rocky beach was beautifully smoothed over by the tide. We will probably return and picnic here before the end of the summer.
My knitting brain is not lost, though. Even while walking today, I was distracted by the pocked markings in the rock, probably the bubbles in volcanic rock that has been slowly wearing down over time. I couldn't help but think it would make a pretty lace pattern somehow...
Luckily, tomorrow is Sunday, so I think I'll get my knitting out tomorrow and give it an hour or two of my attention. And maybe once I get used to my new routine, my needles can make an appearance more regularly again. I miss them.
Rascal misses them, too. At least if I'm knitting, I can't be dressing him up. Poor little dude has a rough life...