I Used to Knit, But Now I...

Since starting at my new job, my routine is all weird and interrupted. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, but today I was thinking to myself: I used to knit, but now I...

1) ...veg. I come home from work tired, so I've been parking myself on the couch until it's time to cook dinner and walk Rascal. Then I pack my stuff for the next day and get ready for bed. Bleh. Not very interesting.


2) ... shop. Here's a cute little butter dish I found in a vintage shop last weekend. It's been sitting on the dining table for me to admire each evening as I eat my dinner. It's not antique or anything, but I love it.


3) ... eat. I've been exploring the food scene around here, and I got a taste of my first oyster burger, grilled with lemon and herbs and served with lettuce, tomato and onions with a side of fries. Oh yeah, that'll be a repeat, for sure.


4) ... irritate my dog. While waiting for the hubby to come out of another store on a hot day, I ducked into a pet shop and decided to dress Rascal in as many outfits as I could find. Don't worry, he got a big T-R-E-A-T for it.


5) ... explore. We walked out to a new park today and took in the views on the shore. The rocky beach was beautifully smoothed over by the tide. We will probably return and picnic here before the end of the summer.


My knitting brain is not lost, though. Even while walking today, I was distracted by the pocked markings in the rock, probably the bubbles in volcanic rock that has been slowly wearing down over time. I couldn't help but think it would make a pretty lace pattern somehow...


Luckily, tomorrow is Sunday, so I think I'll get my knitting out tomorrow and give it an hour or two of my attention. And maybe once I get used to my new routine, my needles can make an appearance more regularly again. I miss them.

Rascal misses them, too. At least if I'm knitting, I can't be dressing him up. Poor little dude has a rough life...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Man, can I relate. #1 was my entire off-campus life, from January though June... now that I'm on "summer break" (but still working, mind you), I still spend my time doing more daydreaming/planning of projects than actual knitting. Someday...
AdrieneJ said…
I keep trying to get a row in here and there. I usually land on my feet with my knitting in hand, and I'm sure this time will be no exception, but it's still a challenge. I'm grateful that a skein of merino/cashmere/nylon is always available at home after a long day.
fsf said…
Gorgeous scenery Adriene. Have you left the desert for watery climates now?
YarnKettle said…
I would like to request more dress up time for Rascal, maybe something in evening wear. ;)
That is one good looking pup!
AdrieneJ said…
Absolutely! Though, it hasn't rained for almost a month here!
AdrieneJ said…
We'll have to see what we can do about that!