Inspiration Mondays: Ali and Me

A while back, I stumbled upon a website featuring a man with so much style that someone devoted a whole blog to him: What Ali Wore. The header of the website says it simply enough: "This is Ali. He walks past my work every day wearing great clothes."


I look at this man and his poses, and I think:

  1. He is a man who takes pride in his appearance.
  2. That guy probably uses a tailor. I don't know anyone who uses a tailor.
  3. I could respect a guy like that.

I have the stereotypical love of clothing that girls are supposed to have. Heck, why do you think I spend so much time knitting? And it's not even really about being in style or following trends. I just think that the way you present yourself speaks volumes about you and who you are.

I think I identify with Ali in a lot of ways: I'm happy enough with the way I dress that I don't really worry too much about what other people will think of it. But, more than that, I think I'm becoming more of a person who can make even the smallest decisions with care and with a good understanding of the consequences. I can't ever know all of them (I don't have a crystal ball, nor do I wish to), but I am grounded enough to know that some of them will be unpleasant. I know my decisions may be unpopular sometimes, but that's for me to bear...

... and for me not by crushed by them or by the people who will judge me for them. I know I am worthy, even if at times I am not popular. Ali shows that by striking his poses every day.

Here's to you, Ali. May your fashion sense never waver, and may your poses be ever stylish.

Comments