Inspiration Mondays on a Tuesday: This Ain't the Serengeti

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? --John Wooden
I had somewhat of an aggravating time at work today. I won't go into it, but nothing frustrates me more than being rushed, especially when it is unnecessary. I don't dawdle, don't get me wrong, but I much prefer to plan ahead and do things right than do run through the day in a panic, reacting to everything as if it's a pin prick to the side. I'd much rather take five extra minutes to do a task correctly, than to complete a task incorrectly and early. What's the point?

In the first few weeks at my current job, my boss' boss had a day where he had person after person coming in to see him. For a while that day, I was keeping a wait list of people for him. By 5:00pm, the dust had cleared, and I stuck my head into his office and said, "Wow, you had a busy day. I don't know how you deal with all these people."

And he said, "Oh, you know... I don't let it bother me. I just deal with things one thing at a time."

Simple. Logical. True. But really hard for people like me to do... people with brains that fire at the slightest stimulation, like a freaked out gazelle on the Serengeti.

Today, I am inspired to be more careful and deliberate, and therefore, more efficient. I do this with my yarn projects, and so I know I can do it.

I'm going to live each day, one stitch at a time.


Comments