Some Stuff Before I Nap

The nap is mightier than the sword. --Edward Bulwer Lytton
I'm feeling really tired today. I had a long week and I think it's all just catching up to me today. I went to the gym this morning and dragged my butt around until I finished the workout and dragged my butt home. I feel like I could go straight to bed right now and sleep until tomorrow. I'm just grateful it's a holiday here tomorrow and I have the day off.

It was a wet, drizzly day for most of yesterday, so when the forecast showed clearer skies today, we made sure we took advantage. I dragged myself off the couch to get some fresh air, which has helped somewhat, but I am seriously contemplating a nap before dinner.

It was nice to see the freshness of the river. We've had mild weather recently, so it's best to take in these views while you can:



Seymour was his usual brave self and nearly walked straight over the bank here. Thank goodness we got him a strong harness:


This is the time of year when I can barely take ten steps without saying, "Look at the size of that leaf!" It's hard to get a good idea of the size of them in a photo. I've made Seymour stand next to many leaves in the past, but this is the first photo that actually worked out:


Meanwhile, I've been trying to work out an experiment with this silk-blend sock yarn. I would really like to try to get a top out of it, but I'm still debating if it's really going to work out. I knitted this swatch last week and blocked it to try to get an idea of how much yarn it would take, but I am still undecided if it will be worth it. The swatch is amazingly light and airy, but I'm wondering if the blend will be too flimsy to make a lacy top without having to block it before each wear. It's quite beautiful to look at though. I will have to ponder longer on it:


I'm thinking I'm going to get a lot of pondering time soon, because my Rozeta CAL project is starting to get big enough that each round is taking the better part of an hour to complete. We received the instructions for seven rounds on Wednesday, and between my weariness and the slow stitching time, I've made it to three quarters around the second-to-last round. I guess that's not too bad, but I'm guessing that soon I won't have time to play around with other skeins of yarn in between each section release:


Of course, it's hard to get an idea of scale without something to compare it to:


Except once he got on, he didn't want to get off:


He's resigned himself to napping next to me again for the moment, at least until I start working on my project again. For sure he'll be right on top of it again:


Speaking of napping, I think he's got the right idea. I'm afraid I have nothing clever to share with this drowsy brain of mine. I promise I'll be more awake for the next post. Have a great week!



Comments