Grump

Sometimes you can't tell if you're just in a bad mood or everyone around you is being annoying. --Hussein Nishah 
I'm grumpy. I've been grumpy for days. It's not a great state to be in. I feel like everything is setting my teeth on edge these days.

My knitting has suffered somewhat this week due to this grumpy state. I won't even show it to you today, but I will say that the small gauge and the somewhat complicated pattern has made for repeated rip-outs that have been challenging to say the least. I managed to make some headway on it over the weekend, but what I had hoped would be the one last sweater before the holidays might well be turning into a long, annoying slog of a knit. It's such a nice sweater pattern that I hope it will be worth it in the end, but it's hard to keep positive about it right now.

We went out to enjoy the sunshine yesterday. The walk and the fresh air helped, and it cheered me up a bit to see Seymour showing off his new sweater:



He refuses to look at the camera. What a diva.




That afternoon, the hubby went out for a while (ostensibly to avoid his grumpy wife). I decided I was still too grumpy to knit, so I sat down with my paints and decided to paint a few more Christmas cards. I scrolled around online for some ideas and finally came up with this:


I did have a bit of a chuckle over it once they were done. I mean, if that doesn't make you smile, I don't know what will.

It seems that six cards at a time seem to be my limit. I'm ok with that. I'm not sure I could crank out many more in my mood anyway. I felt better for a while anyway.


It also helped that the hubby came home with one of these. If you're a Canadian kid, you know exactly what this is. It's an immediate mood booster. I had two pieces just to be sure:


We woke up to snow last night. Regular readers know that I hate it when it snows here on the Island. It's starting to rain now, so maybe that will help to melt it... or it will turn it all into a slick layer of ice. Bleh. Whatever.


Seymour seems to have the solution to it. I'm gonna go take my grumpy self and sit next to him for a while.


Have a good week!

Comments